The Venturing program aims to enable young adults to:
- Experience a program that is fun and full of challenge and adventure.
- Acquire skills in the area of their crew's specialty.
- Become a skilled training and program resource for other youth groups.
- Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on leadership roles.
- Learn to make ethical choices throughout their lives by instilling the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment.
The Venturing program emphasizes four main areas known as the A-L-P-S model:
- Adventure - Mentoring, leading, and participating in crew-led adventures.
- Leadership - Ongoing leadership development through training, mentoring, and hands-on leadership.
- Personal Growth - Goal-setting in support of personal growth.
- Service - Leading and participating in community service.